19 October 2005

1 idea

The random trip-Kit of the imaginary traveller

I imagine "The random trip" as a psycho-geographical trip without destination, where time and distances are not calculated but improvised. A trip without traveller. In fact to move it's just a sort of ‘kit of the imaginary traveller’ that determines a map whose accidental trajectories establish various points in the world, where the people never meet themselves but they receive and they send a suitcase. Therefore they can decide a stage of the travel. The space where all that happens does not exist, or better, it exists like ‘a process’ that visualizes the stages of the travel through the virtual space of a web site; in which an ‘individual nomadism’ crosses it without moving or travelling.
With “The random trip” the territory is dissolved in ‘nodal points’ and enters into a wide networking space.
The kit of the ‘imaginary traveller’ means to reflect the people on a very deep experience—that is to move on just your own territory. Therefore, the most important trip that anyone should complete is the intimistic one.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes! I think too people don't truly travel! I'll try to imagine some artwork...

Anonymous said...

.

chumitas said...

awesome... i was definitely posting like a maniac in my blog.. and talked about artists, etc... then yesterday i decided i'd delete the message board from my databases and deleted one little wordpress component, and now i've purposely deleted my blog, should be up later this week tho.. w/links to my video blog asap..
zulma

Danielle Liebeskind said...

I had a similar Idea.. I thought of the "Towel-Travellers-Kit": If you travel to another country, bring a towel and leave it, after you have used it. Take a fresh, clean, dry towel home with you, from the person you are staying with. This way, towels can travel all over the world.

Carl. said...

Are you a philosopher or an artist?

Anonymous said...

are you a philosopher or artist Carl. said...?

Are you a philosopher or an artist?

benjamin said...

There is a briefcase. It shall be posted from one address to another. Things shall be added, and taken away at each destination.
I need a list of your addresses, a brief of who you are, and your address inorder to gain funding for the event. Or atleast my
part of the event. On verra.
benjamin@pixelart.org.uk

ideasonair said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
qui que said...

http://therandomtrip.blogspot.com/

Buy Levitra said...

Great article! Thanks.

Phentermine said...

Thanks for interesting article.

Anonimous said...

Nice! Nice site! Good resources here. I will bookmark!

Maxwells said...

I see first time your site guys. I like you :)

Anonimous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!